Are you autonomous, ambitious and analytical? Will your hands itch to turn complex bottlenecks into process improvements? Then we are looking for you!
your future employer
Since January 2019 Mifa Surface Treatment is part of Mifa Aluminium BV and is located in the same building. Mifa Surface Treatment performs surface treatments on aluminium products. They increase the protection against corrosion, improve wear resistance and reduce friction. Coatings can also be used for aesthetic purposes. Mifa is an internationally operating manufacturer of aluminium precision extrusion products and has approximately 400 employees.
Adex Dies has been a leading designer and producer of high-quality extrusion moulds for the aluminium extrusion industry for more than 40 years and has approximately 60 employees. Thanks to its unique design, Adex develops and produces even the most ingenious and complex moulds, varying from a diameter of 70 mm to 1100 mm.
Both companies work with advanced and precise techniques in combination with the highest quality standards. The customers of both Mifa and Adex are worldwide spread and divided over various sectors such as aviation, automotive, machine industry, train and construction.
As a Business Controller, you will work in the Finance department, consisting of the financial administration, the salary administration and controlling. In total, the Finance department currently consists of 9 employees. Our corporate culture is characterised by the fact that we like to tackle and grasp where others stop, a nice informal atmosphere and attention for the right work-life balance.
your future role
As a Business Controller you ensure that there is a reliable insight into the financial state of affairs, risks and opportunities for your operating companies at all times; Mifa Surface Treatment and Adex Dies, both based in Venlo. You develop optimum cash management.
You are a proactive discussion partner for the business. You look critical at the operating companies, you challenge and advise them. You can get sufficient steering information from various systems to analyse, advise and encourage action.
Your work will consist of analysing various business processes and you proactively come up with improvement proposals. From your role you see it as a challenge to process complex bottlenecks through the following activities:
- daily / weekly analyses of business processes and KPI reports taking into account the many unique processes
- monitor productivity and efficiency
- you will work together with the financial administration team to optimise the financial processes
- you will be responsible for the complete financial reporting and explanation of the consolidation system of Aalberts N.V. on a monthly basis
- you discuss all the details and have an advisory role towards the operating company responsible
- you take care of the analyses and reports, so that the departments gain more insight into their process in order to eventually arrive at a smarter and more efficient process together
- in addition, you anticipate, recognise and translate the needs of the business into workable solutions
You are a proactive and enterprising person. You enjoy being part of a team where you can work together openly and transparently. In order to be successful as a business controller, you have good communication skills.
You can communicate at all levels in the organisation. You have the power of persuasion and a critical, proactive attitude.
To make a difference in this position, you are very analytical. The more complex and challenging it is for you, the more curious you become to gain insight into the situation. You are an important link in the operation.
- as a business controller, you have completed a relevant financial education such as business economics, business administration or accountancy
- you have a Bachelor's or Master's degree in terms of your level of work and thinking
- you have about 3 to 5 years of experience within a technical (production) environment, preferably already as (assistant) controller
- you have an affinity with technology and a hands-on mentality
- you are honest, very accurate and flexible
- you have a driven and result-oriented personality and are clearly analytical
- proven proactive, a self-starter and an enterprising spirit
your language skills
- competent in Dutch and English; oral and written
- German and other additional language skills are a plus
We are a result-oriented, growing company that values and encourages development, innovation and commitment in every possible way. The position is very autonomous with opportunities for future growth. You will receive a good salary in line with the market and the opportunity to develop yourself further. We comply with the Metalektro Collective Labour Agreement.