group controller headoffice
The head office in Utrecht (WTC, Central Station) currently exists of 25 professionals. To extend our activities we are looking for an ambitious Group Controller. In this role you report to the Finance Director. As a Group Controller at Aalberts, you work in an international, enterprising, successful organisation. You are the financial point of contact for a number of business teams and you will work closely with local senior management. You are responsible for the entire Planning & Control cycle of the business teams with a focus on analysing the management information and assessing the results and effectiveness of the strategic policy. As a point of contact for the business team management you are an advisor to realise results and objectives, but on the other hand you are independent and critical to safeguard the interests of the entire group. The business team management is responsible for the business within a specific customer / technology segment and manages the companies in the business team. This role will specifically support one of the business units. You will monitor main KPI’s, understand and comment main developments and do trend analyses and benchmarking. Within group control you will be involved with various business improvements projects and you ensure correct processing in the financial reporting.
- contact point for the financial planning and control cycle of the business teams under your responsibility. Initiate and improve the overall quality of the reported data;
- review financial reporting from a financial- and business perspective;
- proactive participation in group consolidation and reporting, including optimising the reporting process and planning and control under IFRS;
- develop and maintain the reports and analyses in which the overall performance management is made transparent and the issuing of advice to improve the performance; You deliver reliable management information and have an advisory role towards different stakeholders;
- ongoing support of the growth strategy of Aalberts together with the different departments (governance, internal audit, treasury and holdings);
- specialist from the team with regard to specific performance indicators;
- support and advise on internal and external audits to be performed;
- participation in various improvement projects from the head office;
The position demands a self-starting personality that fits into an environment that is characterised by entrepreneurship. It will offer you an ideal mix that is suitable for talent that is able to develop quickly for leading positions within the organisation. At Aalberts you work independently to fulfil this position. Strong communicative and interpersonal skills are necessary to be successful.
- the ideal candidate has a completed university education, preferably supplemented with an RA program, 8 to 10 years' work experience within an international or complex environment and the right drive and ambition to make the difference within Aalberts;
- perfect match with Aalberts values: be an entrepreneur, take ownership, go for excellence, share & learn and act with integrity!
- strong communication skills, result-oriented and solution-oriented and able to bring about changes;
- enthusiastic, proactive and initiative-rich;
- analytical ability, conceptual thinking ability and a strong feeling for relationships between head office and operating company;
- some international travel will be included. You’ll visit the main locations at least once a year;
- fluent Dutch and English.