Are you a real people manager who feels at home within a dynamic working environment and has demonstrable experience within a production environment? Are you energetic, a team builder and not afraid of a challenge? Then you might be the plant manager we are looking for!
In this position you work on the further improvement of the BSM organisation. You will have the opportunity to make a positive contribution to the operational performance and further growth of BSM Valves with your result-oriented approach.
your future plant
BSM Valves specialises in the production of customer-specific valves. In addition BSM also collaborates with sister company Mogema B.V. both being part of the listed Aalberts N.V.. From origin we are active in the chemical, petrochemical and offshore industries and have a production unit in Breda from which we deliver to our customers worldwide. For Mogema, a high-tech expert in welding machining and vacuum technology we now also produce complex vacuum chambers. At BSM we work with an enthusiastic team of ≈55 employees in an informal atmosphere. Due to the expansion of product lines we are also investing in our machine park as well as our people.
your future role
You have a strong personality with a clear service orientation towards internal and external customers. You have extensive managerial experience in a production environment and you dare to make decisions, stimulate and maintain a good working environment and atmosphere where there is a healthy ambition to go for excellence together. For that reason you are visible and can regularly be found in the various departments. You create commitment for your vision and ideas. It is the absolute challenge for you to get people involved. At the same time you are also pragmatic and realistic and you monitor the performance and thus the interests of both customers and BSM Valves.
You are analytically and strategically strong, with a focus on operations as well as the internal and external commercial organisation. You manage the performance of the organisation and take actions or make adjustments timely where necessary. You have a keen eye for organizational efficiency, improvements and cost control. You share your own responsibilities with your team, you distance yourself from the content, but you remain accountable for the end result. You guide people in complex situations.
As a plant manager you are responsible for the daily operation within the environment of the organisation. In addition to directing the daily operation, you are responsible for improvement processes, best practices and you oversee compliance with health and safety, company and environmental regulations. In addition, the following components will be part of your work:
- you translate strategic decisions into proposals to improve the quality of procedures, work processes and outcomes
- you translate trends and developments in the market into goals and you indicate which actions are needed for this
- you provide an overview of the performance of the production department and you take measures if performance deviates from the standard
- you guarantee that production proceeds in a reliable and predictable manner when it comes to maintenance of the machinery and planning conformity, in accordance with customer expectations with the right costs (efficiency)
- you guarantee objectives (KPIs) in the areas of quality, efficiency, costs and delivery reliability
- you are able to set up the sales budget, occupancy overview and cost budget in consultation with the general manager
- you completed a Master or Bachelor degree; preferably in a technical or business administration direction
- you have demonstrable and extensive experience, 5-10 years in the industry, preferably as a factory or production manager
- setting up, developing and managing a team has become second nature to you
- knowledge and proven experience with continuous improvement and change, project management.
- proven excellent leadership qualities to lead the team in an energetic and inspiring way and to take the organisation to the next level.
- well-developed communication skills at all levels in the organisation, from operational employees to senior management
- setting the right priorities and making decisions is a matter of course for you
- you are results-oriented and hands-on
- competent in Dutch and English; oral and written. German and other additional language skills would be an asset
- a varied environment in a rapidly growing company that is in full development
- opportunities to actively contribute to the further growth of BSM Valves and Aalberts advanced mechatronics
- a place in a unique technical company with possible career opportunities within Aalberts