cost engineer / project manager
your future company
Mifa specialises in precision extruded profiles in aluminum and magnesium with dimensional tolerances from ± 0.02 mm. We make extrusion technology available for high tech OEM Industries. This level of precision, together with an unlimited freedom in design, means unprecedented possibilities for mechanical engineers to increase efficiency and lower costs by integration of functions. Together we develop unique solutions for different markets: aerospace, defence, consumer, machinery and equipment, automotive, electronics and medical equipment.
your professional background and experience
You are a proactive and entrepreneurial person. You enjoy being part of a team where you can work openly, transparently and together.
We are looking for a candidate who has good technical knowledge within the metal processing industry. We prefer someone who has experience as a cost engineer, Calculator or work planner but are you an experienced CNC programmer or Engineer and do you want to take the next step? Then we are certainly open to that.
- technical background or education (bachelor or master)
- at least 5 years of work experience in calculating or project management in a manufacturing environment
- knowledge of production technologies
- knowledge of LEAN management
- committed to improve yourself and the company, you go for success
- you work independent, structured, systematically and accurate
- analytical skills, setting priorities and organisational capacity is key
- you have strong intercommunal skills
- available in the short term
your language skills
- proficient in Dutch and English; oral and written
- German and other additional language skills would be a plus
responsibilities and objectives
- as a cost engineer / project manager you will perform work for multiple departments.
- collaborate internally with the sales, planning, work preparation and production departments.
- continuously work on improving the quality. For instance together with the Extrusion and Die correction department on the mold technology that is required.
- managing and implementing operational efficiency and technological improvement projects in production.
- you will keep customers informed regarding the development of their projects.
- you assess the manufacturability of the product and whether it fits within the Mifa product portfolio.
- you will test the balance between manufacturability and technological challenge continuously.
- based on the previous, you create a cost calculation that is as realistic as possible and communicate that via our CRM system to our Sales department.
- you may also be joining customer' visits, either at Mifa or at the client's location, to discuss design and manufacturability.
- you will act as single point of contact / project manager and ensure that all Mifa departments are aligned to get the product delivered within time, cost and quality, according to the agreement.
- you will be involved in the training of (new) employees.
- you communicate externally with both customers and (mold) suppliers