sourcing director Asia
your future company
Aalberts integrated piping systems develops and manufactures an extensive portfolio of connections, valves, metal and plastic pipes and fastening technology to distribute and control water and gas. To contractors we offer a specified integrated optimised piping design. Our technologies enable the installer to work fast and reliable on a simplified and more efficient way. We do this for new build, renovation, repair and maintenance. The product portfolio is distributed with an excellent service through different channels: wholesale, retail, e-commerce.
As Sourcing director you are responsible for setting up a sourcing process in Asia for all Aalberts integrated piping systems companies to ensure long term capacities. As the search for purchase savings is your nature you make benefits visible for the different companies and you convince the local purchase teams to coordinate the purchasing process through you.
To drive this process you steer and provide support to local purchase teams and supplier quality engineers in all tasks regarding the business needs in Asia. You maintain and secure good relationships with all stakeholders (business management teams) of the Aalberts integrated piping systems regions (Americas, West Europe, United Kingdom & Middle East and Asia Pacific). You are part of the Aalberts IPS APAC business management team.
- profit & loss responsible for the Asia spend of Aalberts integrated piping systems global
- find new and develop current suppliers in Asia to the required excellence level, to stay ahead with competitive solutions
- build logistic footprint in Asia fit for purpose and evolving with the business development and changes. Consolidation of freight/freight forwarding management and relationships to ensure an efficient freight spend
- conduct the sourcing process for direct materials and sub-contracting under the responsibility of Aalberts Integrated Piping Systems
- ensure to have processes and tools in place with the suppliers to address Quality, Delivery, Cost & Lead Time in a proactive way using:
- Supplier Self-Assessment
- Supplier Site Assessment (Process audit)
- Supplier Approval procedure
- Approved Supplier List
- Product Approval Planning
- coordinate, implement and ensure the compliance and consistency in the "location" to Aalberts IPS Supply Management Strategy, sourcing decisions, processes/procedures and provide guidance (cultural sensitivity, legal aspects, etc.). Comply with all laws and regulations applicable. Ensure zero-tolerance for corruption
- lead and improve Aalberts IPS Supply Management performance (Quality, Delivery, Cost and Lead Time) for Asia, with agreed KPI’s: costs, net working capital, lead time, satisfaction score, agreed coverage).
- result driven
- analytical skills with a problem-solving attitude
- experienced in managing a cross functional team in an international organisation
- team player, energetic & passionate
- decisive & pro active
- proven track record in purchase in Asia
- higher education / university degree
- living in Ningbo area, China.