acquisition Lamers High Tech Systems in the Netherlands
- acquisition Lamers High Tech Systems B.V. (the Netherlands)
- specialised in control and distribution of high purity gases and chemicals
- 300 employees, annual revenue approximately EUR 90 million
Aalberts strengthens position in the LED, semiconductor and solar energy markets
Aalberts Industries N.V. has reached an agreement with the Air Liquide group to acquire 100% of the shares of Lamers High Tech Systems B.V. (Lamers) in the Netherlands subject to antitrust clearance.
Since 1984 Lamers is active in the development, engineering, manufacturing, assembling, testing and qualification of systems for control and distribution of high purity gases and chemicals. The systems are used in photolithography systems supplied to the semiconductor industry and metal organic chemical vapour deposition equipment (MOCVD) supplied to the LED industry. The systems of Lamers are also used in the manufacturing process of photovoltaic systems for the solar energy industry. The LED and solar markets are fast growing renewable energy markets, where Industrial Services strives to increase its market share. Besides this Lamers is active in the installation of high purity distribution networks for gases and fluids, as well as hook-up activities.
Lamers generates an annual revenue of approximately EUR 90 million with around 300 employees at its two manufacturing facilities in the Netherlands, Nijmegen and Kerkrade. The experienced management team will continue to manage Lamers on both locations together with the existing employees.
Lamers’ systems are engineered in close cooperation with the customers from design to start up. Lamers delivers fully or semi-automated systems, in-house and on the customer site, using its large experience in the field of high purity tube systems, valves, fittings, sensors and flow measuring instruments. The high purity systems are used to inject a specific mixture of gas with the exact specified temperature, pressure, humidity and purity to the different manufacturing process steps in the photolithography and MOCVD equipment. Lamers uses high-tech manufacturing processes such as (semi-) automatic welding processes of tubes systems, computer aided tube bending and the newest technology in the field of testing and qualification, such as particle and moisture measurement, as well as helium leak testing under vacuum. This is all realised in a clean room environment.
The acquisition of Lamers is in line with Aalberts Industries’ strategy of enhancing its position in the Industrial Services activity benefitting from the following features:
- Lamers will reinforce Aalberts Industries’ position as technology partner in the semiconductor market with tailor-made systems for high purity gases and chemicals. Aalberts Industries has been active in this market for many years by supplying subassemblies, vibration control systems and surface treatment of components for the semiconductor industry.
- With Lamers Aalberts Industries has the opportunity to expand its market position in the fast growing LED production and photovoltaic systems for the solar energy market, selling other products, systems and processes through the sales channels.
- By using Lamers’ technology other markets can be explored, such as micro electro mechanical systems (MEMS), chemical and pharmaceutical delivery systems, markets in which Industrial Services is not yet active.
- Lamers’ technology and experience of designing, engineering, manufacturing, assembling, testing and qualification of systems for control and distribution of high purity gases and fluids can also be used for other markets in which Industrial Services is already active, such as the medical and precision engineering industry.
- The technology and portfolio of high purity tube systems, valves, fittings, sensors and flow measuring instruments, used in the systems of Lamers, can be developed further using the product development know-how and sales channels of Aalberts Industries.
- By using the international network of Industrial Services, Lamers will have the opportunity to globally serve its customers, that more often need a local tailor-made service.
- Within Flow Control the Lamers systems can be sold together with the clean gas activities in laboratories, universities and research centres. Aalberts Industries has a worldwide presence in these markets.
- Besides this Lamers can use the manufacturing machining capacity within Industrial Services to develop and deliver their systems faster and more efficient.
The acquisition will be financed from credit facilities and will be realised after fulfilment of all formalities and approvals, which is expected before the end of June 2011. Lamers’ results will immediately contribute to the profit per share.